1-Week Director is for anyone who wants to learn how to create their own short film or movie and develop their own unique style as a director in just 7 days.
BONUS: 14 Day Filmmaker included which will teach you how to produce cinematic & emotional videos without wasting months trying to figure it all out on your own.
Right now, get lifetime access for just $48 (Normally $497). Offer Expires Soon.Start 1 Week Director Today
"The Day 1 lesson was worth the price of the entire course. I am a university professor. Your explanations and examples are quite clear" - Bert C.
"An excellent course for the money I paid. Most impressed and highly recommend it! It was inspiring, engaging, and honest." - Richard K.
"Great course, I bought." - Sir Marco Robinson, knighted prime time TV star and producer
What You'll Learn In This Course
Day 1: Story Structure
Understand what engages an audience and keeps them glued to the screen.
Learn what is required to make a working story. Whether that's 30sec long to multiple hours long.
Understand what works and the psychological reasons why these things work. On a foundational level, our main target is to move the audience as hard as possible. So as artistic as we want to be, we're still at the mercy of the science of how humans work.
Ultimately, we will gain a solid foundation of story structure. This framework and these "constraints" actually allow your subconscious to be freed.
Day 2: The Director
Learn how storytelling can help you lead and seduce team members etc. But first, you learn to seduce and lead yourself. Everything starts with you.
- You are the "auteur" of the film. Learn your roll on set.
- We dive deep into your ultimate purpose which is to serve the audience.
Day 3: Montage Theory
Learn the mental phenomenon that causes an audience to EXPERIENCE meaning from the juxtaposition of two otherwise meaningless images.
This is the true power of cinema and something no other art form can achieve. Using this in your films will give you the most leverage and power to move an audience which is our prime objective.
Learn to elicit any reaction with this.
Day 4: Scene Breakdowns
Breakdowns of history's greatest works.
- This takes everything you have learned and inspires how to apply these principles to your own work. Faster and effective learning happens by understanding the concepts, then seeing the ideas in action, then applying the concepts yourself, which we do in the next module.
Day 5: Create Your Shotlist
- Learn how to answer the three most important questions a director has:
- What is the scene actually about?
- Where do I put the camera?
- What do I tell the actors?
- Mature from: "where's the most interesting place to put the camera" to: "This is where the camera goes because this is what the scene is about."
- This not only makes your movie 10x better, but the entire crew can feel your confidence and certainty and are more clear themselves, which also helps lead to better outcomes.
Day 6: How To Start Making Your Movie
- Learn the mechanics of photography that are timeless and you can apply to any camera system, past or future.
- No camera? No Problem. I show you the apps and equipment you can get for cheap to unlock the filmmaking power of your smartphone. Commercials are being shot on phones. Equipment isn't an excuse for you not pushing forward with your career.
Day 7: Next Steps
- Equipment recommendations
- Recommendations on camera gear, lighting, etc.
- Here, we will get technical by looking at ways to use editing software to apply what you learn to shoot your own movies. We start with editing because knowing where you will end up (in the editing room) will help you shoot better.
- Apps for screenwriting and best practices.
- People write stuff all the time that can't be shot. I.E., "Diana, a young lady with a flair for the unusual…" Scripts may have this type of stuff for studio folks who don't know how to read a screenplay. But if you're writing your own movie, this will hurt you and your teams.
Whats Included In The Course
Meet Your Instructor
Hi - I'm Daniel Geyer and just like you... I was born with ZERO filmmaking skills. After years of pain and suffering, learning how to make films and then actually make them...
I finally have put everything I know down into a system that I wish I had.
Today I'm sharing all my secrets in this program so you can get your movie made in 1/100th the time it took me with 1/100th the pain!
Who This Course Is For
- You are a go-getter.
- You value time and following a proven plan.
- You want to learn the most crucial elements of directing that will make the biggest impact on your career and learn other cute tricks later once you have massive momentum.
Who This Course Is NOT For
- You do not value saving time following proven plans
- You aren't willing to take instructions and prefer to figure things out on your own with trial and error
- You would rather know many facts about Martin Scorsese's career and be a smart film buff vs. getting your hands dirty and becoming your own director that someday other people study.
What Filmmakers Are Saying
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do I Get Access?
How does lifetime access to the course sound?
Should I Invest Before Buying Camera Gear?
I made this cheap as hell so that you can invest in your film. But either way, you are your number one asset. If you suck, no amount of money will save your movie. Everyone looks for external things to buy and think that will save them. Invest in yourself first.
You can decide to pick up some gear using our gear recommendations in the course, but this is not required.
Is There A Guarantee?
Absolutely. We have a 7-day money-back guarantee! If you aren't satisfied for any reason at all you can ask for your money back in full within 7 days of the purchase. At the end of the day, I want to help people. If you don't want to be here and you don't enjoy the content I don't want your money.
Do I need additional fancy software and equipment?
No. The point of this program is to turn you into a weapon.
The quality of your work stems from you, that is the most valuable problem I can solve for you to transform your life. I do have equipment and software recommendations in this course but we also go over how to make what you have work and available free tools.
Anyone today can be a director. The limitation is you, not the availability of technology.
Is this program strictly for movies or can this also be useful for other types of videos?
This is built to turn you into a director so that you can make narrative films and tell better stories with a camera.
However yes these skills can be very useful in other places.
We've seen the power of Hollywood storytelling leveraged to sell things better, convince people to take action, and inspire people.
If you want to harness the true power of storytelling with a camera this program will be teaching you that.
And worst-case, $48 (with a 7-day return policy) is pretty much as low risk as it gets.
Is there a guarantee?
Absolutely! If you are not completely SATISFIED and ENLIGHTENED by the 1-Week Director Program, then contact us within 7 days for a full refund, no questions asked!
This site is not a part of the Facebook website or Facebook Inc. Additionally, This site is NOT endorsed by Facebook in any way. FACEBOOK is a trademark of FACEBOOK, Inc.
DISCLAIMER: The sales figures stated on this landing page and discussed in the 1-Week Director program are our personal sales figures and in some cases the sales figures of previous or existing clients. Please understand these results are not typical. We’re not implying you’ll duplicate them (or do anything for that matter). The average person who buys “how to” information gets little to no results. We’re using these references for example purposes only. Your results will vary and depend on many factors including but not limited to your background, experience, and work ethic. All business entails risk as well as massive and consistent effort and action. If you’re not willing to accept that, please DO NOT PURCHASE THE 1-Week Director COURSE.